+2kHz human error?

  • Philip
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 15 10:39 AM
      Hi,

      I'm really enjoying the new WSJT-X BETA with JT-Alert 2.3.1 and having great fun operating both JT65 and JT9.

      I did notice today something strange, I spotted on 14MHz a JT65 station calling repeatedly other JT65 DX stations, but always +2kHz higher then they were transmitting and of course not getting any replies from them!

      The DX stations were where JT65 signals are meant to be, but this station was not, being above even what JT9 signals I could see.

      Could that happen if he had accidently checked the +2kHz box on the WSJT-X interface? I think I spotted this myself the other day when using split and CAT with a radio with a my own 4kHz+ RX range. I don't check this box and my TX/RX works perfectly with my Kenwood TS-2000.

      Just mentioned now in case it is something to emphasise that everyone understands fully whether to 'check or not' for their own radio/setup that could avoid lots of JT65 TX signals being 2kHz higher than their RX.

      I see he has just corrected his error, he must have received my e-mail direct to him.

      73 de Philip G0ISW
    • Philip
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 15 11:04 AM
        I've just tried to replicate this error and found if you have 'no split' set on your radio and the '+2kHz' box checked, then although you are clicked onto a JT65 station you can see on your waterfall in the 14.076 MHz range your radio VFO display is showing 14.078 MHz, with CAT in use.

        I guess that is what may have happened that I saw. Thanks to 'C' for helping me find out how to do it or rather for others to avoid it.

        73 de Philip G0ISW