Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: Is this normal??

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 15, 2013
      Icom really uses "Front" and "back" VFO in their CI-V protocol so the
      concept of VFO A and VFO B as shown on the display is rather moot. In
      their case, it depends entirely on which VFO is selected (active) when
      starting WSJT-X. Other manufacturers are more formal in their use of
      VFO A and VFO B.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV

    • wa4mit
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 15, 2013
        Solution or at least a functioning work around: Joe you put me on the correct path with this problem. Trying WSJTX 1.1 without HRD works as you suggested it would. With HRD the reverse is happening which would work you just have to use the second recvr VFOB for the rec audio which I am not set up for.
        I tried this and it works: I am using WSJTX for rig control all works including PTT by cat command. On the FT1000mp select split punch the TX button on VFO-B. I brought up HRD suite then shut down the rig control portion leaving open DM780 and logging. Open WSJTX with rig control setup for FT1000mp. Opened JTAlertX
        I made a contact even selected a station with the split freq usage it worked and no jumping around the band. When contact ended normal logging to HRD with JTAlertX version. The qso was saved to HRD log correct band the freq logged as 14.078 don`t know where it got that from. But this is working for right now it changes bands both VFO`s so for right now that is where things are at.
        I agree with Andy that this will evolve and can be worked out with the HRD folks. Thanks for everyone`s emails and help
        73 Morris WA4MIT