Re: Rig Control Error

  • David Birnbaum
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 14, 2013
      I'm having some minor issues with CAT as well.  Rig is Yaesu FT450D.  I running wsjtx on Ubunut Linux 12.04.  When I start up wsjtx (most recent release as of yesterday) the CAT control works fine.  But after a contact I get the error message and find that the Enable CAT box is now unchecked.  I can check the box and things work again until the next contact.

      dave
      k2lyv
    • k5hdu
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 30
        Trying to set up FT8 and the new version V1.8.0-rc1 on my FT 1000D and MK11 but having a problem with the 1KD not reading the frequency. I keep getting the message: “ Rig Control Error. Do you want to reconfigure the radio interface. If I hit the TEST CAT button, I get the message: Rig Failure/ Ham lib error: communication timed out while opening connection to rig. I have another program for JT65 , JTDX which works fine with the 1KD. With the new program, I can read signals but can not transmit or read the frequency with the setup.

        Mike K5HDU

      • g4wjs
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 30
          HI Mike,

          sorry you are having problems with WSJT-X. Please share a summary of your "Settings->Radio" panel options with us.

          73
          Bill
          G4WJS.
        • k5hdu
          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 30

            Rig: FT1000D
            Cat Control: Serial Com 3
                    Baud 4800
                    Data  8
                    Stop   2
                    Handshake  None
                    pole interval  1s
                    PTT    RTS
                    Port  COM 3
                    Mode  None
                    Split   None

            Audio:  input line (microHAM CODEC )

                        output   Headset Earphone  ( microHAM CODEC )
          • Jim Preston
            Message 5 of 13 , Jul 30
              If those are the same settings you use for JTDX, then they should work.
              Just don't run JTDX at the same time.\\73,

              Jim N6VH

              Message 6 of 13 , Jul 30
                Hi Mike,

                in the microHAM uRouter apllication you can go to the ports tab and see red and green markers that show when a serial port is opened. You can also go to the Set page for the CAT port an monitor the CAT traffic. That may show what is not responding. The error is saying that WSJT-X is sending a CAT command an no reply is forthcoming.

                73
                Bill
                G4WJS.
              • k5hdu
                Message 7 of 13 , Jul 30
                  Interesting. When I load up the JTDX program, the CAT port turns  green and when I hit the Set button, the CAT communication log goes through it’s sequence. When  I load the WSJT-X program, the CAT port light blinks green a couple of times, the Rig Control Error box pops up. When I hit the Set button, it will go through several readings and then says:  Log disabled ( urouter V8.6.3, micro KEYER II v6.4 ).

                  Mike