Normal

  • fred_darrah
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 14 7:59 PM
      If you have a radio of limited band width you run JT65 and JT9 as separate modes. Another way is to use IF shift or BPT to offset the widest filter you have. Offset it to the higher frequency. Keeping VFO A to 14076 and VFO B to 14078 is the surest way to operate and avoid all the confusion.
      Fred N9GUE
    • fred_darrah
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 14 8:10 PM
        The real problem of using anything above 3500 is that many rigs will not decode the JT9 signals properly. If you want the JT9 contacts I think staying below 3500 would help everyone. My rig will go to 3500 but I have to offset the filter with IF shift or with BPT to get any good decodes above 3500. I prefer to operate JT9 as a separate mode.
        73 Fred N9GUE