Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: My messages are not posting to this group

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 13, 2013
      > I suspect the main reason is that the long established members of
      > this group still think of it as an email reflector.

      It *is* an e-mail reflector.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV

      On 7/13/2013 3:55 PM, k3wyc wrote:

      >> Is anyone else having this issue?
      >>

      > Yes, frequently, despite the fact that that I know I have to make a special selection on this group that is not required on any other group I subscribe to.
      >
      > It's a bit like having a rig that goes to split mode on one band only and you have to remember to change out of split every time you change to that band or you transmit on the wrong freq.
      >
      > It's been discussed before and it's been made clear that it won't be changed. I suspect the main reason is that the long established members of this group still think of it as an email reflector.
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > Andy k3wyc

    • Jim
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 13, 2013
        Important to remember this. It is the only group I belong to that does this. I received positive responses to the 30 meter default frequencies recommendation post I made. Even though I think the intent was to send the reply to the group I did not forward any emails to this group because I safely assume any personal email received by me may not be intended to be read by the group.

        I too make the error of hitting reply and finding it doesn't go to this group, so when I make this error (if I catch it) I go back and resend the email addressed to this group.

        Confusing? Yeah, probably why I would never drive in England. They also drive on the "wrong side" of the road.

        73,
        Jim (AA0MZ)

        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <kj6rgx@...> wrote:

        > --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "KeithH" <ag6az@> wrote:
        > >
        > > All -
        > >
        > > I have tried to respond to my posts and I am unsuccessful in getting them to post to the group.
        > >
        > > Is anyone else having this issue?
        > >
        > > Thanks,
        > >
        > > Keith
        > > AK6ZZ
        > >

        > Keith, when you reply to messages you need to check the To: field before posting. Just select "wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com" for the To: setting. By default, this group is setup to reply to the person who posted the message your replying to.
        >

        > Dan
        > KJ6RGX

      • John
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 14, 2013
          "Confusing? Yeah, probably why I would never drive in England. They also drive on the "wrong side" of the road."

          Not correct. In fact we drive on the "right side" (the left) over here - hope thats clear!

          John
          GW4MBN

          --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Jim" <aa0mz@...> wrote:

          > Important to remember this. It is the only group I belong to that does this. I received positive responses to the 30 meter default frequencies recommendation post I made. Even though I think the intent was to send the reply to the group I did not forward any emails to this group because I safely assume any personal email received by me may not be intended to be read by the group.
          >
          > I too make the error of hitting reply and finding it doesn't go to this group, so when I make this error (if I catch it) I go back and resend the email addressed to this group.
          >
          > Confusing? Yeah, probably why I would never drive in England. They also drive on the "wrong side" of the road.
          >
          > 73,
          > Jim (AA0MZ)
          >
          > --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <kj6rgx@> wrote:
          > >

          > > --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "KeithH" <ag6az@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > All -
          > > >
          > > > I have tried to respond to my posts and I am unsuccessful in getting them to post to the group.
          > > >
          > > > Is anyone else having this issue?
          > > >
          > > > Thanks,
          > > >
          > > > Keith
          > > > AK6ZZ
          > > >

          > > Keith, when you reply to messages you need to check the To: field before posting. Just select "wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com" for the To: setting. By default, this group is setup to reply to the person who posted the message your replying to.
          > >

          > > Dan
          > > KJ6RGX

        • chas cartmel
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 14, 2013

            Jim

            You may be pleased to hear that from 1st April 2014 we are trialling driving on the right in some areas of the country. Too big to do all at once so we are starting with the bus, coach and lorry traffic first.

            73

            Charlie

            www.G4EST.me.uk