JT65-HF > WSJT-X v1.1

  • Bob - K3MQ
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 13 9:17 AM
      The pskreporter.info map displays the software being used by the spotted station. It must be like 40:1 JT65-HF over WSJT-X.

      It might be as simplle as letting people know that WSJT-X exists, and the advantages of using it.

      Sometimes in my 73 closing I'll send "G5RV 10W 73". Perhaps we could periodically include mention of  WSJT-X.

      Another possibility is to sweet-talk the owner of Hamspots to see if they would display a simple promo for the program on their JT65 spot page.

      on EME, most are using JT65-HF. Many (perhaps most?) have scarcely
      heard of JT9 or WSJT-X, and with our present band-use patterns they
      don't even see JT9 signals on their 2-kHz-wide JT65-HF waterfalls.

      People won't change unless and until they think something significantly
      better is available. For good reasons, many don't choose to be bothered
      with "beta-release& quot; software. Having a real WSJT-X Version 1.1 on the
      WSJT web site may make a difference.

      Nevertheless, if activity patterns change, they will probably change
      slowly.

      -- Joe, K1JT
    • Joe Subich, W4TV
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 13 9:46 AM
        > It might be as simplle as letting people know that WSJT-X exists, and
        > the advantages of using it.

        There is a lot of life left in JT65-HF ... it does several things that
        WSJT-X v 1.1 can not do. For example, I often leave a K3 on six meters
        with the main receiver on CW/SSB and the second RX on 50.276 JT65A with
        JTAlert checking for needed grids. Until WSJT-X allows selecting
        either left or right channel audio, it can't be used in that way.

        73,

        ... Joe, W4TV