Re: [wsjtgroup] Disable Split 2000 Hz Rollover? WSJT-X 1.1

  • Sam Morgan
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
      ah so, the 1.1 Users guide I have saved to my computer doesn't have that on page
      5. I guess there is more than one version of the user guide. Would be nice if
      they at least had dates under the Version number, if the version numbers aren't
      going to change when there are any edits.

      --

      GB & 73
      K5OAI
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
        I had saved (what seems to be) an earlier copy of the 1.1 Users guide to my
        computer.
        that version doesn't have what you *now* see on page 5 about the 'split check
        box'. I guess there is more than one version of the user guide.

        Joe, it would be nice if you at least had dates under the Version number, if the
        version numbers aren't going to change when there are any edits.

        correction if I save the file to my computer I now see it's labeled as 1.1-1
        I was only looking at the Version number under the mail title page.

        /me slithers back under my solar induced rf black hole

        --

        GB & 73
        K5OAI
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 9, 2013
          never mind that -1 on the end was just because I was saving a file with the same
          name..... I think I'll just shut up for now and forget about this.

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 10, 2013
            Hi Joe,

            K0OG wrote:
            > I am trying to get the dual-mode operation to work, and decodes
            > seem to work well. I have made some QSOs on JT65 with my FT-100D
            > (lower-half of the spectrum display), but the split operation
            > is frustrating so I have not made any JT9 contacts yet with it.
            > I think I would be better just using straight operation, no split,
            > no audio-frequency rollover at 2kHz. However, I can't find a way
            > to disable the 2kHz rollover, so am I missing something? I tried
            > the JT9 and JT65 xxxx JT9 settings, and both roll over at 2kHz.

            The first beta release of v1.1 had no way to disable use of Split Tx
            mode. A new beta with this feature and a number of other minor
            improvements, will be available soon.

            > By the way, the 1.1 manual shows a "Split" check box, but my
            > version 1.1 r3459 (just downloaded this evening) does not have
            > such a split check box. I've tried with both FT-100 and Ham Radio
            > Deluxe, but neither shows the split box.

            The User's Guide now posted for v1.1 has pictures that refer to the
            un-released beta. Patience, please -- the wait should not be long!

            -- Joe, K1JT
          • Ed
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 10, 2013

              July 10,   11:12AM PDT   the User’s Guide for WSJT-X still shows Version 1.0 .  Is the Beta 1.1 guide located on another page?

              Ed   K7AAT

              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 10, 2013
                K7AAT wrote:
                > July 10, 11:12AM PDT the User's Guide for WSJT-X still shows Version 1.0
                > . Is the Beta 1.1 guide located on another page?

                Yes, for a good reason. Many ops are using Version 1.0, a full
                "released" version. They still need access to the relevant User's Guide.

                A few ops are using an early beta release of v1.1. This program version
                has many new features, and a much-updated User's Guide.

                Either program will bring up the appropriate User's Guide in your
                browser if you hit "F1".

                A direct link to the v1.1 User's Guide is
                http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide_v1.1.pdf