JTAlert & Norton Internet Security problem?

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 9, 2013

      I was just attempting to update my JT Alert from 2.2  to the 2.3 version and my Norton Security Suite prevented the setup from running because it is detected as  “ Suspicious behavior”.

      Anyone else run into this issue?

      Ed   K7AAT

    • g4ilo
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 10, 2013
        False alarms from Norton are not unknown. The first thing I do when I get a new computer is remove the bundled Norton crapware.

        Julian, G4ILO

        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Ed <k7aat.ed@...> wrote:

        > I was just attempting to update my JT Alert from 2.2 to the 2.3 version and
        > my Norton Security Suite prevented the setup from running because it is
        > detected as " Suspicious behavior".
        >

        > Anyone else run into this issue?
        >

        > Ed K7AAT

      • Ed
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 10, 2013

          It is my view from years of experience   that Norton Security suite is more aggressive in detecting and preventing malware from running on one’s computer than many other security programs.  For that reason I will put up with the rare occasional issue raised in this subject.

          Ed   K7AAT