Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: New to JT9

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 9, 2013
      > Will WSJT-X permit using the same COM port for both PTT and CAT? I see
      > no caveats in the documentation.

      *No* - that is if you are using RTS or DTR for PTT.

      If you do not have a separate port for PTT turn the K3 PTT/CW setting
      to off-off and do PTT via CAT. Don't try to have DTR/RTS and software
      PTT active at the same time as the K3 has been known to hang.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV

      On 7/9/2013 8:08 AM, Jack W6NF wrote:
      > I just had a thought...
      >
      > Will WSJT-X permit using the same COM port for both PTT and CAT? I see
      > no caveats in the documentation.
      >
      > The Elecraft K3 does *not* use the RTS/DTR lines for handshaking. These
      > lines are *intended* for PTT and CW keying, which is how I use them in
      > contests with N1MM Logger.
      >
      > Thanks,

    • Jack W6NF
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 9, 2013
        Thanks to W4TV for helping me.

        The solution is to turn off the DTR/RTS on the K3 and use CAT keying.
        I'd never done than and would likely have not thought of it myself.

        Now to try making some Qs. I have called a couple of stations in the
        past 10 minutes, one of them very loud at +2, but my antenna is very
        poor. I will keep plugging away!

        Jack, W6NF/VE4