Transmission bandwidth?

  • A.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 9, 2013
      Hi,

      First, thank you very much to Joe.

      With WSJT-X 1.1 r3549 I receive stations in JT65 mode from 200-2700 in the spectrum of the waterfall (Yaesu FT-920 with IF Filter for 2700Hz.).
      When I transmit I can only do it in a 1000Hz bandwidth. If I transmit on 600 waterfall answer me on waterfall 1600.
      Audio transmitted between 0 and 1000 is the same as if I transmit between 1000 and 2000 of the waterfall.
      Example: The modulation frequency at the waterfall 500 is the same as the modulation frequency of the waterfall in 1500.
      If I receive from 200-2700 just do not understand why this does not occur in transmission.
      In JT9 I have also just 1000Hz. bandwith.

      I uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

      Is this normal or I have a problem?

      Thanks in advance.

      73, Antonio - ea7hj
    • Hasan Schiers
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 9, 2013
        Antonio,

        I  had the same problem. This is what solves it:

        1. You have to run in split mode (VFO A receives  and VFO B transmits..all the time it must be split)

        2. The program MUST control the radio, because it is always deciding where to transmit in 1000 Hz steps.

        The program is very smart and very automatic. If you don't let it do what it was designed to do (split and radio freq control), you end up with the exact symptoms you are seeing...at least that is how it worked for me.

        Once I enabled CAT and ran split, (TS-2000), it has been a dream to run simultaneous JT65 and JT9 , and only having to click on either station's call and automatically be in freq and in the right mode. Great fun!

        73,

        ...hasan, N0AN