Problems with v1.1 and Split

  • Greg d Isringhaus
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 8, 2013
      I am using a Yaesu FT-897D and have my Cat Enabled with Ham Radio Deluxe, and my PTT method as Cat. Seems to work just fine. Reads the frequency and get the green dot. I set my radio to split and tune to frequency 14.076 for just jt-65. I hit A=B for split. Now my problem is when I go below 1000 my VFO A changes to 14.075 and when I transmit my VFO B is on 14.076. Shouldn't this be reversed? When I am going up or down the waterfall, my VFO A changes frequency, but my VFO B is always transmitting at 14.076. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? I have version 1.1 r3459

      Thanks to all that can help out.
    • Jeff Stillinger
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 8, 2013
        Greg,

        I also use a 897.  Seems to work better without using the HRD interface.  At least for me.   However, my issue is that when tuned to 14.076, I am not seeing any JT9.  Curious if your experiencing the same.

        --
        Jeff - KB6IBB

        From: Greg d Isringhaus <g.isringhaus@...>
        Date: Monday, July 8, 2013 9:00 PM
        To: <wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [wsjtgroup] Problems with v1.1 and Split

        I am using a Yaesu FT-897D and have my Cat Enabled with Ham Radio Deluxe, and my PTT method as Cat. Seems to work just fine. Reads the frequency and get the green dot. I set my radio to split and tune to frequency 14.076 for just jt-65. I hit A=B for split. Now my problem is when I go below 1000 my VFO A changes to 14.075 and when I transmit my VFO B is on 14.076. Shouldn't this be reversed? When I am going up or down the waterfall, my VFO A changes frequency, but my VFO B is always transmitting at 14.076. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug? I have version 1.1 r3459

        Thanks to all that can help out.

      • k3wyc
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 2013

          > Thanks to all that can help out.

          Not famliar with your rig but it sounds like it is working as intended. HOWEVER - you must ensure that VFO A is selected while receiving since SPLIT only causes a VFO swap on transmit (it does not determine which VFO is used for TX and RX). On the TS-590 I ensure that VFO A is selected for receive by use of the A/B button which swaps the active VFO. I'd assume there is a similar switch on your rig.

          There are many traps for the unwary with ver 1.1 and I expect that later versions will include more robust protect for commmon user errors.

          73,

          Andy k3wyc