CAT problem Version 1.1 Beta and IC=746Pro

  • Ed
    Message 1 of 23 , Jul 8, 2013

      Perhaps I am just not ‘getting’ the proper info from the help manual,  but I am having difficulty with the CAT connection to my IC-746Pro.

      I am using Win7 and the new WSJT-x  version 1.1 Beta  with a SignLink USB interface (with VOX PTT).     I am successfully making contacts….  And with the multi mode setup for both JT-65 and JT-9,  and my transceiver set for split control,  that function seems to be working, too.

      This is my problem:

      In the configuration menu I set up my IC-746Pro for CAT operation….and the “test CAT Control” button returns a “ Rig control appears to be working…”  message. … and the proper frequency is displayed in the Rx window.    However,  when I either move the Receiver dial frequency,  OR  I just transmit in SPLIT operation,  the CAT control becomes disabled ,  an error message pops up saying,  “Rig control error 0  Failed to read frequency”   and my  rig frequency display goes to all zeros in a bright red background.   I have to go back into Configuration window and then re-check the box for CAT control.

        I do have my polling set to 1 second.

      Any ideas why I am having this problem?

      Ed   K7AAT

    • Joe Subich, W4TV
      Message 2 of 23 , Jul 8, 2013
        > However, when I either move the Receiver dial frequency, OR I just
        > transmit in SPLIT operation, the CAT control becomes disabled , an
        > error message pops up saying, "Rig control error 0 Failed to read
        > frequency" and my rig frequency display goes to all zeros in a bright
        > red background. I have to go back into Configuration window and then
        > re-check the box for CAT control.

        Have you *disabled* "CI-V Transceive" (General Set Mode #38)? Icom
        "babbles" when changing frequency and WSJT-X can not handle the
        unexpected data on the CAT port.

        73,

        ... Joe, W4TV

        On 7/8/2013 8:24 PM, Ed wrote:

        > Perhaps I am just not 'getting' the proper info from the help manual, but I
        > am having difficulty with the CAT connection to my IC-746Pro.
        >

        > I am using Win7 and the new WSJT-x version 1.1 Beta with a SignLink USB
        > interface (with VOX PTT). I am successfully making contacts.. And with
        > the multi mode setup for both JT-65 and JT-9, and my transceiver set for
        > split control, that function seems to be working, too.
        >

        > This is my problem:
        >

        > In the configuration menu I set up my IC-746Pro for CAT operation..and the
        > "test CAT Control" button returns a " Rig control appears to be working."
        > message. . and the proper frequency is displayed in the Rx window.
        > However, when I either move the Receiver dial frequency, OR I just
        > transmit in SPLIT operation, the CAT control becomes disabled , an error
        > message pops up saying, "Rig control error 0 Failed to read frequency"
        > and my rig frequency display goes to all zeros in a bright red background.
        > I have to go back into Configuration window and then re-check the box for
        > CAT control.
        >

        > I do have my polling set to 1 second.
        >

        > Any ideas why I am having this problem?
        >

        > Ed K7AAT

      • Ed
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 8, 2013
          Is THAT in the help file? If so, I missed it.

          THANK YOU for the quick and easy solution. I would never have figured that
          out myself.

          Ed K7AAT

          On 7/8/2013 8:24 PM, Ed wrote:

          > Perhaps I am just not 'getting' the proper info from the help manual,
          > but I am having difficulty with the CAT connection to my IC-746Pro.
          >

          > I am using Win7 and the new WSJT-x version 1.1 Beta with a SignLink USB
          > interface (with VOX PTT). I am successfully making contacts.. And
          with
          > the multi mode setup for both JT-65 and JT-9, and my transceiver set
          > for split control, that function seems to be working, too.
          >

          > This is my problem:
          >

          > In the configuration menu I set up my IC-746Pro for CAT operation..and
          > the "test CAT Control" button returns a " Rig control appears to be
          working."
          > message. . and the proper frequency is displayed in the Rx window.
          > However, when I either move the Receiver dial frequency, OR I just
          > transmit in SPLIT operation, the CAT control becomes disabled , an
          > error message pops up saying, "Rig control error 0 Failed to read
          frequency"
          > and my rig frequency display goes to all zeros in a bright red
          background.
          > I have to go back into Configuration window and then re-check the box
          > for CAT control.
          >

          > I do have my polling set to 1 second.
          >

          > Any ideas why I am having this problem?
          >

          > Ed K7AAT

        • Tony VK2AJF
          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 10, 2013

            Thanks Joe S, that setting seems to have been behind the CAT problems WSJT-X was having with my Icom rigs. WSJT-X's built-in CAT now works fine.  The software certainly is sensitive to activity on the CAT port.

            II can also export that I am still having no success getting the software to work with HRD, where the TX and RX frequencies become reversed.

            Cheers,

            Tony VK2AJF