Re: [wsjtgroup] Introducing the K3UK Old Codgers Guide to WSJT-X (new beta version)

  • Ian Wade G3NRW
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2013
      From: Andrew O'Brien <k3ukandy@...>
      Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 Time: 01:26:43

      >it just sort of flowed when writing an
      >email to someone that had asked me a few questions

      Andy

      Thou art a truly loquacious venerable old bard!

      Good stuff -- keep it coming.

      Ian, G3NRW
      (looking forward to seeing the Lions and Andy Murray win today)
    • Keith Heimbold
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2013
        Thanks for posting. Been having issues with the program and plan to uninstall and try again following your instructions to the letter. Maybe this time I will get it to work.

        73,

        Keith
        AK6ZZ

        Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos

        On Jul 5, 2013, at 10:26 PM, "Andrew O'Brien" <k3ukandy@...> wrote:

        In the spirit of my old Bozo's Guide To JT65A, I have quickly drafted
        the K3UK Old Codger's Guide to WSJT-X . You can find this work in
        progress at

        http://obriensweb.com/wsjtx.html

        I did not plan to do this, it just sort of flowed when writing an
        email to someone that had asked me a few questions about the new
        release that K1JT made available a couple of days ago. It is written
        for aging people like me, the people that get stumped by all the
        technical stuff and want it broken down . The official guide is
        pretty clear too, mine is an unofficial adjunct. I never read
        manuals... UNTIL I need to. I got most of WSJT_X running without
        readin the instructions, THEN I read the official manual. My guide is
        just a reflection of the things I leaned by poking around and making a
        few mistakes.

        I will be adding quite a bit more when I get time.

        Feedback welcome.

        Andy K3UK