Introducing the K3UK Old Codgers Guide to WSJT-X (new beta version)

  • Andrew O'Brien
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 5, 2013
      In the spirit of my old Bozo's Guide To JT65A, I have quickly drafted
      the K3UK Old Codger's Guide to WSJT-X . You can find this work in
      progress at

      http://obriensweb.com/wsjtx.html

      I did not plan to do this, it just sort of flowed when writing an
      email to someone that had asked me a few questions about the new
      release that K1JT made available a couple of days ago. It is written
      for aging people like me, the people that get stumped by all the
      technical stuff and want it broken down . The official guide is
      pretty clear too, mine is an unofficial adjunct. I never read
      manuals... UNTIL I need to. I got most of WSJT_X running without
      readin the instructions, THEN I read the official manual. My guide is
      just a reflection of the things I leaned by poking around and making a
      few mistakes.

      I will be adding quite a bit more when I get time.

      Feedback welcome.

      Andy K3UK
    • Ian Wade G3NRW
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 5, 2013
        From: Andrew O'Brien <k3ukandy@...>
        Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 Time: 01:26:43

        >it just sort of flowed when writing an
        >email to someone that had asked me a few questions

        Andy

        Thou art a truly loquacious venerable old bard!

        Good stuff -- keep it coming.

        Ian, G3NRW
        (looking forward to seeing the Lions and Andy Murray win today)
      • Keith Heimbold
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 6, 2013
          Thanks for posting. Been having issues with the program and plan to uninstall and try again following your instructions to the letter. Maybe this time I will get it to work.

          73,

          Keith
          AK6ZZ

          Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos