Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: Triple decode same station , same time cycle

  • Andrew O'Brien
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 5, 2013
      I have been using a Flex 3000 so far with WSJTX 1.1 and VAC/Internal
      sound device in a cheap Asus desktop (Realtek, I think). So, A
      firewire cable is connected between rig and PC. Virtual cables for
      the audio paths. I will do some testing with my TS2000 and Microkeyer
      interface over the weekend

      Andy

      On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 3:08 PM, Joe Subich, W4TV <lists@...> wrote:

      > What are you using for a sound card and how it is connected to your
      > receiver? One "inexpensive" amateur product is very lacking in
      > filtering on the USB power line and the designer skipped the regulator
      > for USB CODEC V/2 reference recommended by the chip's maker. That
      > same V/2 is also used as a reference (bias) by all of the op-amps in
      > the audio chain (receive and transmit).
      >
      > Coupled with the obvious lack of power supply decoupling (bypasses
      > on the +5V lead of each chip), it would be a miracle if that device
      > did not have *more* than 40 dB of spurious modulation.
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > ... Joe, W4TV
      >

      > On 7/5/2013 1:34 PM, Andrew O'Brien wrote:
      >>
      >> What on my side would cause that Julian? i also experienced a couple more
      >> occasions where i received a station twice, same cycle, same frequency,
      >> same dB level
      >>
      >> Andy K3UK
      >>
      >> On Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 12:27 PM, g4ilo <julian.g4ilo@...> wrote:
      >>
      >>> **
      >>>

      >>> I note the difference between spurs is consistently 39 or 40dB on every
      >>> signal that's received at +10dB or more. Which would suggest it's
      >>> actually
      >>> the receive side that's to blame.
      >>>
      >>> Julian, G4ILO

    • KD7YZ Bob
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 7, 2013
        On Thursday O'Brien sent, on a straight key:

        AOB> So, what do we make of this ?
        AOB>
        AOB> 2022 17 -0.8 3532 @ CQ K0TPP EM48
        AOB>
        AOB> 2022 -26 -0.7 3412 @ CQ K0TPP EM48
        AOB>
        AOB> 2022 -26 -0.8 3652 @ CQ K0TPP EM48
        i am getting between 8 to 10 decodes per guy calling, today
        their sigs are -7 to -15

        Bob KD7YZ
        http://www.qrz.com/db/KD7YZ