JT9-1 versions

  • Jim and Hannelore Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 5, 2013
      I have not so far seen any increment in specific functionality for JT9-1 over the previous JT9-only version. Since I work almost exclusively 6M, where the typical frequencies for JT9/WSPR and for JT65 are different, the new version appears to add some operating complexity without applicable benefit to me.

      Correct? If so, I will continue to use the last JT9-only version until I see added JT9 functionality from the combination.

      Again, at least for 6M, if there were a similar combination of JT9 and WSPR it could be accommodated on 6M with one VFO setting and the usual 2.5kHz bandwidth and offer further insights as to (in my case) transatlantic openings.

      Tnx K1JT for this marvelous suite--it probably accounts for 99% of my operating time and a lot of my 6M DXing progress!

      73,

      Jim VE1JF
    • Lance Collister, W7GJ
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5, 2013
        Hi Jim,

        I have been following the exciting developments and especially like the wider
        bandwidth option now. But I am holding off doing anything with it until there is an
        option included to be able to use the JT65A mode on EME, as with WSJT9. Then it
        will make sense to have just one program to load up and use for both EME and
        terrestrial DXing on 6m ;-) GL and VY 73, Lance

        --
        Lance Collister, W7GJ
        (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K)

        page (above)!