Re: [wsjtgroup] WSJTx and Virtual Serial Ports

  • Sam Morgan
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 4, 2013
      I am running K3 & KAT500
      I am not running any virtual ports

      K3 is using the 6kc AM filter with the width set to 0.0kc - 4.0kc

      Commander vs 10.3.9 is connected directly to the K3
      under General Model is K3 Continuous interrogation is checked
      under Ports/Primary Cat Comm 1
      under Multi Radio Radio 1 is K3 with both Interrogate & Enable checked
      under Multi Radio Cat Serial port Radio 1 is:
      Port #1 Baud 38,000 8 N 2 DTR N RTS X

      The KAT500 Util is connected directly to the KAT500 on Comm 9

      WSJT-X ver 1.1 r3459
      under Setup/Station
      PTT method DTR PTT Port None
      Enable CAT checked Rig: 9998 Commander

      under Default Frequencies
      I changed all the frequencies to the JT65 frequencies
      7.076 10.138 14.076 18.102 21.076 28.076 50.276

      this didn't all work exactly correctly at first....
      I had some problems getting things to save in WSJT-X
      I found that I had to forget about the Enable CAT *UNTIL*
      I had reset all the frequencies and closed the window & then the pgm
      I also had to play with closing commander and the restarting it
      then starting WSJT-X and then setting the Enable CAT

      holding the mouth right while scratching your left ear may be optional ;-)
      ymmv

      good luck, it works really great once you find the correct combination

      P.S. reading the new WSJT-X 1.1 manual is a must for getting the waterfall set
      for 4kc wide with the working so you can see both modes

      --

      GB & 73
      K5OAI