r3452 TS-590 TX anomaly

  • k3wyc
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2013
      I have no problem transmitting on 20m. If change to 15m with WSJT-x CAT, again no problem. However, if I change back to 20m and attempt to transmit, I have no power output. I'm using VOX keying, the TX light is red, and I hear tones on TX MONI, but no power out and no ALC indication.

      If I cycle SPLIT off/on everything works fine until I leave 20m and then come back to it. With it not transmitting on 20m, if I change back to 15m without cycling SPLIT it transmits fine.

      I don't know how WSJT-x could cause this and I'm wondering if it's a bug in the rig. However, so far, I have been unable to reproduce the anomaly with band switching at the rig.

      Will any others using TS-590 with ver 1.1 please look out for this and report to the group.

      thanks and 73,

      Andy k3wyc