Beta Release with Yaesu FT897D

  • ortracr
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 2013
      According to the Operators Manual for the FT897D the RX Bandwidth APPEARS to be 2.5 KHz @6db and 4.5 KHz @ 60db setting the frequency dial at 14.077 on 20 meters I'm decoding fewer signals than I'm seeing on the Graph and appears to only be decoding the stronger signals. So for me it's usable but I prefer the sensitivity of working the weaker signals, not just strong signals, which appears to be a hardware related problem, not software.

      Also I'm seeing signals above 14.078 that are not JT9 but look like JT65 but reversed? Normally on the graph my JT65 signals have a fairly solid line along the left side, and these are showing a fairly solid line along the right line. None of them decode and I even switched my radio to LSB to see if someone was running in LSB rather than USB, but still no decode.

      Haven't seen these before above .078 so was wondering if maybe someone wasn't changing their transmit to J9 before transmitting up there.

      Then again I'm fairly new to these digital modes and maybe it's a mode I'm not familiar with. Which is why I included a screen shot below.

      I uploading a screen shot to the Photo Section to ALBUM NW9T and photo is Jt9ss.jpg That was taken monitoring the signals using the older WSJT-x .99 version on the left is the normal JT9 signals and to the right you'll see the ones I'm talking about. That's with the radio dial set to 14078.

      Sam NW9T