Monitoring 144.370..

  • droppoint333
    Message 1 of 3 , May 13, 2002
      Hello All,

      I'm brand new to wsjt and meteor scatter... I have been monitoring
      144.370usb and have seen no signals at all! My qth is western New
      York.. What am I doing wrong??

      I use a honme brew 1/4 wave groundplane antenna.. What should I be
      looking for on the display that may be a valid signal?? Any help will
      be appreciated..

      N2TIF,
      Paul
    • JAYB
      Message 2 of 3 , May 13, 2002
        HI PAUL - MOST CQ ACTIVITY IS ON 144.140.
        CHECK INTO THE WSJT CHAT ROOM TO GET MORE CONNECTED......http://www.pingjockey.net/cgi-bin/pingtalk
        HPE TO CUL - JAY, K2OVS FN30
      • Rex Moncur
        Message 3 of 3 , May 13, 2002
          Hi Paul

          If the other stations are horizontally polarized this may explain things - from tests I have done there is a significant drop in the numbers of signals unless both station are on the same polarization. For further details see my e-mail to this group dated 20 March 2002.

          Kind Regards  Rex VK7MO