Re: I have it working

  • Andrew O'Brien
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2013
      Same here with VAC and Flex 3000 and I am at -25 VAC RX gain too,
      trying to figure out best setting. CAT/PTT works well!

      Andy K3UK
    • Rick Langford
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 3, 2013
        Also flex 3000 here and very hot as Ed noted
        Gain here -25   as well

        It needs more padding

        Hate to see this on a 6500 or 6700

        rick
        Kd8lcd

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 3, 2013
          Same here: super hot receive on Flex-1500. Everything turned down to minimum.

          Also, I've always to use the TS-2000 CAT setting.  SDR-1000 has never worked for me.

          73,

          James N7NEV

          On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 7:13 PM, bill <bill@...> wrote:

          I always install into new subdirectories. Consequently the new version went into D:/JT/JTv3

          My problem is it's TOO HOT!

          I had to put the db slider all the way to the bottom.
          I lowered my Flex VAC RX gain to -25 and strong signals are still 'blooming'  a third of the Wide Graph.
          I have View set to the same as previous JT9, CuteSDR.
          I tried the other options but no joy.
          I had made screen shots of all my settings prior to the upgrade and with the exception of the dB slider being at rock bottom, they are the same.

          Any suggestions other than disconnecting my antenna? LOL

          This a Flex5K, the configuration choice of a #2301 Flex-Radio SDR-1000 has never worked in ANY version.
          When I was told to use #214 Kenwood TS-2000, we had success, in both Cat Control and PTT.
          With those choices, I have Rig Control, and can QSY using the WSJT-x band selection.

          I'm obviously missing some small detail.
          Neither JT65HF nor WSJT-x version 1 exhibit the super loud/red.

          My antenna isn't that good! LOL

          --

          Acting is all about honesty. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

        • John
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 4, 2013
            I`ve also found it far too "Hot" on receive, even with everything turned right down.
            Also, it would be good to have a "Grey" option for the wide graph - I need sunglasses for all these wierd colours!

            Other than that - great stuff Joe.

            John
            GW4MBN