Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: Problems setting up with K3 and Microkeyer 2

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2013
      Actually the most common cause of a "stuck" K3 is trying to use both
      command (CAT) and hardware (RTS/DTR) PTT at the same time. The K3
      has a nasty little race problem that occurs when one or the other PTT
      source turns off within a few milliseconds of the the other - the
      processor misses the second PTT off - which leaves the K3 hung in TX.

      The K3 is not the only transceiver to have this problem - it happens
      with Icom as well.

      The best solution is to ignore command PTT and always use hardware
      (RTS) as it is far less susceptible to timing issues, data corruption
      or RF induced lock-up.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV