RE: [wsjtgroup] Tried another computer

  • Floyd Larck, KK3Q
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 29, 2013

      Must be in the interface, cabling (USB/RS232), ground, or maybe something you need to do with your rig (VOX?). In spite of your distaste for “Windoze” I can say I have never had a problem with JT65/JT9 software running with Windows XP on a now pretty old computer. I have known several hams who had given up on digital modes (psk/jt) only to find out later they had a hardware/software setting incorrect. Don’t give up without letting the folks on here help you get on the air.

      Floyd, KK3Q

      PS You have to be careful with some of the USB cables you use, I paid $22 for my first one to use with my MFJ interface only to find out it didn’t work. Swapped the cable with another plain USB cable and the interface worked fine.