Re: [wsjtgroup] Tried another computer

  • HamLink
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 28, 2013
      Hi all,
      I had my share of problems with the SignalLink also. But with my set up which is as follows.
      Toshiba Satellite running windows 7 64bit
      Yaesu FT-450
      SignalLink USB
      Heathkit HM-102 power/swr meter
      My set up as follows.
      In the setup screen PTT Method to VOX PTT Port None
      DO NOT Enable Cat
      Audio In 2 Directx Microphone (USB audio CODEC)
      Audio Out 2 Directx Speaker (USB audio CODEC)
      (Save) this setup..
      Next Set the SignalLink  TX to mimimum
      Then click on the audio or speaker on the computer.
      Then click on Mixer in the pop up window
      You should get two slide for volume one Speaker the other System sounds
      Then go to the WSJT-X panel and click on Tune
      In the Volume Mixer window a third volume slide should pop up, I set mine for 25% more may be needed
      but I doubt it.  Also the Red PTT lamp should have poped on.
      Then go to the SignalLink USB  TX control and increase it until you just start to see a flicker of ALC
      The transmitter should be transmitting at the power level you programed your rig for ( say 10 watts)
      This worked for me – the big thing that got things going was the Directx Micrphone and Speaker setting
      Good luck – Bill K9JUI

      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 29, 2013

        Must be in the interface, cabling (USB/RS232), ground, or maybe something you need to do with your rig (VOX?). In spite of your distaste for “Windoze” I can say I have never had a problem with JT65/JT9 software running with Windows XP on a now pretty old computer. I have known several hams who had given up on digital modes (psk/jt) only to find out later they had a hardware/software setting incorrect. Don’t give up without letting the folks on here help you get on the air.

        Floyd, KK3Q

        PS You have to be careful with some of the USB cables you use, I paid $22 for my first one to use with my MFJ interface only to find out it didn’t work. Swapped the cable with another plain USB cable and the interface worked fine.