Problems with Windoze 7 and Ubuntu

  • Rusty
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013

      I was using JT-9 just fine, making contacts all over the world using the Windows version of the program. No problem with decodes, no problem on TX. Great little program.

      Several days ago I came in the shack to work JT-9 and could not transmit at all. I turned on my TX Moni on my TS2000 and I am getting feedback through my microphone. I disconnected the mic and still got nothing out of the radio. After having checked all of my cables, antennas, USB ports, etc…, found nothing wrong. Went through a checklist I compiled when I initially set the program up and everything is where it should be in the program. So I figured my radio was on the fritz. Switched over to my IC7200 which I have used before and went through my checklist once again, found all in order so I tried to transmit. Same thing is happening on this radio, it is opening the mic up and not the internal soundcard. What gives?? Never had this problem before and I have racked my brain trying to figure it out. Even had a friend that is on a much higher plane than I as far as computer/electronics goes, and he is an Extra class operator, come over and check things out. It even confused him somewhat. He says it is a Windows 7 bug, which it very well may be. I dunno.

      Now for the Ubuntu problem, tried to start JT-9 in Ubuntu without any luck whatsoever. Click on the program, brings up the main screen and shuts right back down all in the period of 5-10 seconds. I haven’t a clue how to get this to work.

      Any assistance would be greatly appreciated in either one of these problems. I am not the most computer literate person in the world but I can usually figure things out on my own. THIS has got me stumped though…….

      For informational purposes:

      TS2000 using a SignaLink USB sound card

      IC7200 using the internal sound card.

      Both of these radios worked just fine several days ago with this program. They both work just fine with JT65 and PSK31 at the present time.

      Russell Plocheck, KF5REP

      ARRL West Texas Section Assistant Emergency Coordinator

    • k0og
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013
        Rusty,

        Check your PTT method in the software. I don't know about your radios, but with my Yaesu FT-100D if I PTT using a CAT command, it opens the microphone port, whereas if I PTT using the serial-port interface, it opens the digital-input port on the back of the radio.

        What is strange is that something mysteriously changed.

        73 & GL,
        -Joe-
        K0OG

        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Rusty" <kf5rep@...> wrote:

        > I was using JT-9 just fine, making contacts all over the world using the
        > Windows version of the program. No problem with decodes, no problem on TX.
        > Great little program.
        >

        > Several days ago I came in the shack to work JT-9 and could not transmit at
        > all. I turned on my TX Moni on my TS2000 and I am getting feedback through
        > my microphone. I disconnected the mic and still got nothing out of the
        > radio.
      • Sam Morgan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 25, 2013
          if 'several days ago' goes as far back as June 12..... there was a big Windows
          update that included some .NET as well as numerous Win7 updates, could be the
          start of the problem?

          --

          GB & 73
          K5OAI
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
            I am going to try another computer. As far as I can tell this computer that I am using may have some problems that will require a new motherboard possibly. Just to make sure I am, at this moment, getting the other computer setup. I spent most of this evening deleting the crapware out of it and getting the windoze updates done. It has been setting for about 6 months.....

            Will update here once I find out what the problem(s) are.

            73 to all!
            Rusty de KF5REP