RE: [wsjtgroup] 222Mhz Cheaply for WSJT?

  • Anthony Ferguson
    Message 1 of 9 , May 3, 2004
      Hello David
      thanks for the information ,
      I may go that route , not sure yet  I have an ICOM 706MK2G and the power out put is 5 watts on low power but don't know how easy it will be to work a transvertsr on 222 mhz and using the alc from the rig .

      The reason Why I say this is my sound card uses the I/O port which is a 13 pin plug and works keying the rig for WSJT so I don't know how the heck I am would get this to work. .

      Maybe my efforts are furitless. I trying though. How easy was it to build this transverter? and the cost to build if you can remember ? thanks.

      David Robinson <robinda@...> wrote:

      For portable 222 operation I built the transverter by Paul Wade W1GHZ that was published in QST. Its also available online at http://www.w1ghz.cx/222xvtr/222.htm. Mine produces around 5W which when attentuated drives a surplus PA I found on ebay for $20 to 100W, which has produced wsjt qsos

      Dave

      Ww2r

      Message 2 of 9 , May 3, 2004
        As far as transvertes go.. I would highly recoment Downeast Microwave .
        They have atenuators.. preamps.. amps.. anything u would need to get on
        the band.
        -Steve