WSJT Fails on Linux Mint14

  • UncleBonzi
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 17, 2013
      Hopefully this is posted in the right place, if not please advise and I will re-post it where it belongs.

      I run the application it flashes on the screen very briefly then goes away.

      Here is the Traceback of what happens:

      Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "/usr/share/wsjt/wsjt.py", line 2131, in <module>
      ModeFSK441()
      File "/usr/share/wsjt/wsjt.py", line 568, in ModeFSK441
      GenStdMsgs()
      File "/usr/share/wsjt/wsjt.py", line 1144, in GenStdMsgs
      Audio.gcom2.hiscall=(ToRadio.get()+' ')[:12]
      ValueError: could not convert string to float: W8WN

      *** WSJT was installed using sudo apt-get install wjst ***

      WSJT Version 5.9.7 r383 , by K1JT
      Revision date: 2007-05-04 23:17:52 +1000 (Fri, 04 May 2007)

      Ralph (AJ4GR)
    • John Nogatch
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 17, 2013
        > ValueError: could not convert string to float: W8WN

        This error indicates a newer version of python on your system is
        incompatible with the version that the FORTRAN code was compiled with.

        > *** WSJT was installed using sudo apt-get install wjst ***
        >
        > WSJT Version 5.9.7 r383 , by K1JT

        r383 is an old version. Packages with version r2792 are available at
        http://packages.debian.org/unstable/hamradio/wsjt near the bottom of
        that page "Download wsjt". This is more likely to match the version of
        python on your system.

        - John AC6SL