Strange Decode

  • Mike(W5UC) & Kathy(K5MWH) Watson
    Message 1 of 2 , May 3, 2004
      On several occasions in JT65B I have seen this decode:

      OOOAAA OOOAAA RA90 OOO

      I don't remember if it has a "?" after it or not.

      Someone last evening also mentioned having received that same decode.

      Can someone tell us what it means?

      73
      Mike, W5UC
      Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      Outbound mail checked by McAfee Anti-virus Professional 2004
    • boat.anchor
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2016

      Today I left WSJTX and JTALERT running on 6M.

      When I came home I found an entry as follows and was wondering what it is:

      1740   -11   -0.2   1241   XM5974N70/307

      I have seen similar in the past but assumed just errors or garble but it is too well organized.

      It pops up frequently enough that I think it is legit but have no idea who / what it is.

      TU for any clues

      BarryTIA