Re: [wsjtgroup] VSP Mgr isn't for K3

    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013
      Hi Bob,

      WSJT-X will soon support rig control via Commander. However... I will
      be away from home for the next 10 days, so most likely "soon" means
      somewhere around the end of June. If you need it faster: well, WSJT-X
      is open-source code, and we're always looking for contributions from
      others. :-)

      -- Joe, K1JT

      On 6/12/2013 7:13 PM, KD7YZ Bob wrote:
      > Hey WSJT Group:
      >
      > I really forgot who it was that answered my question about a program to
      > listen to my K3 and allow other programs to simultaneously read/write
      > data to it.
      >
      > A Virtual Serial Port Emulator, Or Virtual Serial Port Manager, if you
      > will.
      >
      > Somebody suggested I try VSP Manager. I find no way to make VSPMGR allow
      > DXLabs Commander to ever speak to the K3. When I have asked for help on
      > their forums , the question has remained totally unanswered. Most
      > discussion and all "Help" reading is over Flex-radios.
      >
      > VSPE, which I have for the 64 bit win-7, does not, for some reason,
      > function too swell with DX-Labs Commander. And it certainly doesn’t work,
      > here, when I toss in a third and forth program wishing to talk to the
      > K3.
      >
      > Since it's absurd to think those two programs wouldn't work with the K3
      > and multiple Virtual Ports looking at COM4, for example, then I have it
      > all set incorrectly. Their forums are unable to reply, so I am asking
      > again if anyone runs multiple programs to a rig while using some sort
      > of Virtual Serial Port Emulator?
      >
      > And if so, would you please write to me directly and explain how I can
      > do the same.
      >
      > thanks

    • KD7YZ Bob
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 12, 2013
        On Wednesday Cinci sent, on a straight key:
        > VSPMG is only a Virtual comm. port manager it is used to simulate COMM PORTS PAIRING!

        > For us Flex guys that is a program or utility called DDUTIL

        thanks! I was tending to believe that was the case. DDUtil just didn't do
        a thing with the K3 yet I'd been told to try it.

        LPBRidge, is like stated. great until somebody waves a wand and
        electrons flow backwards. I seemed to have most days where the computer
        just hung up as compared to seeing a good opening and getting on without
        flaw.

        I'll await DXLabs and JT's superb work. You reach an age where
        operating is wonderful and soothing. Design and redesign is antagonistic,
        to me. at an old decrepit age anyway.