WSJT with a Microkeyer

  • Patrick
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 9, 2013
      Hi all,

      Has anyone tried to use WSJT with a microkeyer II on a system using
      Ubuntu ? I am having an issue with the transmit mode and can't find a
      fix.

      I compiled wsjt from sources on my Ubuntu 12.04 . WSJT receives and
      decodes without a problem, but when I key the transmitter, wsjt stay in
      transmit mode forever (never return to the monitoring mode).

      I use DJ5QV's MHUXD to key the transmitter through the microkeyer, so
      WSJT is configured to /dev/mhuxd/ptt1 (it's the virtual port provided by
      MHUXD).

      It looks like there is a kind of incompatibility between WSJT and MHUXD,
      but can't figure out what. Is there something that MHUXD should
      acknowledge to WSJT and that it does not...

      So did anyone gave a try to WSJT and a microkeyer with Ubuntu 12.04, so
      we could share experiences ...

      Very 73

      Patrick, F1EBK