Unexpected behavior WSJT-x r 3323

  • k3wyc
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 6, 2013
      I was attempting to create a procedure to reproduce the log grid anomaly I had previously reported. I was unable to do that but found some unexpected behavior.

      I entered free text message TEST K3WYC and transmitted into a dummy load.
      As soon as TX started the log QSO window opened displaying the current date and time but the call of a station I had clicked on the previous day but not worked. (as in DX CALL, DX GRID fields)
      When TX had completed I selected HALT TX and then double clicked on the TX line in the QSO window.
      WSJT-X immediately shut down. (wsjtx.exe has stopped working message)

      On restarting WSJT-X repeated all the above with the same result.

      On next restart double clicked the own TX line while TX was in progress. WSJT-X immediately shut down.

      On the next restart I cleared the DX CALL and DX GRID fields. The log window did not open when TX started, but double click on own TX line still terminated the program.

      My selected config options include:
      Prompt me to log QSO
      Clear DX call and grid after logging
      TX messages echoed to QSO window
      TX freq locked to RX freq.

      Not asking for any changes or fixes. Just reporting what I saw in case it is of interest to the program developers.

      73, Andy k3wyc
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 6, 2013
        Hi Andy,

        Many thanks for your report. It's just the sort of message that helps
        us to squash the bugs in WSJT-X.

        K3WYC wrote:
        > I entered free text message TEST K3WYC and transmitted into a dummy load.
        > As soon as TX started the log QSO window opened displaying the current
        > date and time but the call of a station I had clicked on the previous
        > day but not worked. (as in DX CALL, DX GRID fields)

        This is the expected behavior: you sent a free-text message and had
        checked "Prompt me to log QSO". Just click on "Cancel", since you don't
        want to log a spurious QSO.

        > When TX had completed I selected HALT TX and then double clicked on
        > the TX line in the QSO window. WSJT-X immediately shut down.

        This is obviously a bug. It has been fixed, and the fix will be in the
        next release. In the meantime, the work-around is "Don't double-click
        on a Tx (yellow) message.