WSJT Won't Install

  • k3nxh
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 5, 2013
      During initial installation the DOS looking window opens for about 3 seconds then closes, nothing else happens.
      I know I must be missing something very minor, but can't figure it out.
      Any help will be much appreciated.
    • Paul Stoetzer
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2013
        Run the installer as an administrator.

        You'll probably encounter the same problem when you get the program installed. Again, make sure to run the program as an administrator.

        73,

        Paul, N8HM

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 6, 2013

          N8HM wrote:
          > Run the installer as an administrator.
          >
          > You'll probably encounter the same problem when you get the program
          > installed. Again, make sure to run the program as an administrator.

          There is no need to install or run WSJT as administrator.

          What IS necessary is to read and heed the advice on the WSJT web page --
          just below the heading "Downloads" at
          http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
          and highlighted in red:

          "Important note: in Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 install WSJT to a
          directory such as C:\WSJT or C:\HamRadio\WSJT rather than the default
          C:\Program Files\WSJT. (Otherwise, you might need to set some
          read/write permissions explicitly.)"