Re: [wsjtgroup] question about strange signals in waterfall

  • Daniel Brouillard
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2013
      Hi Bill

      On 6m many electronics appliances can be the cause. Here at home, washing machine are a tons of  "slashes". The electric motor of the washing machine are direct drive. Should call it step motor then. All that slasches you see come from the modulator to drive the step motor of the washing machine. It's not from your own, don't worry, they come from your close neighbor for sure.

      Router can be the cause also. make sure your LANS cable coming to your computer could be fix with some ferrites to attenuate RFi from the router....not 100% but better than 100% of birdies on SpecJT.

      Hope it help you a bit but i'm still chassing lot of birdies here at home....Good luck on your hunting Bill

      Dan in FN35

      Le 2013-06-02 14:13, bill a écrit :

      I'm listening to 6 meters.
      More correctly I have 6 meters on but not hearing anything.

      I've wondered what causes the diagonal 'slashes' that appear in the waterfall.
      Obviously they are some sort of noise signal.
      The one I see now went from 1500 to almost 1700 in about 3 minutes and then disappeared.

      Some are even curved or more or less free form.

      I don't hear anything unusual in the speakers.

      Do any of you see/hear these objects? I'm in a very noisy urban neighborhood.

      pse and tu

      --

      A complex system that works is invariably found to have evolved from a simple system that works.

      --
      Daniel S. Brouillard VE2DSB
      FN35hs