Re: [wsjtgroup] Question about unassisted QSOs

  • bbrackin@bellsouth.net
    Message 1 of 7 , May 1, 2004
      If someone is calling CQ with a grid, e.g. 'CQ K9SQL EM69', should your
      report be RST (26/27) or grid square (EM69)?  What is the format for
      a report with grid square 'CCCCC EM69 K9SQL EM69EM69' ?

      --
      Bob Poortinga  K9SQL
      Bloomington, Indiana  US

    • Terry l Hosack
      Message 2 of 7 , May 1, 2004
        Some contest require the exchange of grid squares instead of signal
        reports. Such as the North American Meteor Scatter Rally. To send
        Grids instead of signal reports in WSJT, you can just enter your grid
        into the report box instead of a signal report and press gen std msg
        button. and your signal reports will be replaced by your grid. For more
        info on Rally go to http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/Rally/2004eta.htm

        73's
        Terry
        WA3LTB
        EN92ta
      • bbrackin@bellsouth.net
        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2004
          > Some contest require the exchange of grid squares instead of signal
          > reports.   Such as the North American Meteor Scatter Rally.  To send
          > Grids instead of signal reports in WSJT, you can just enter your grid
          > into the report box instead of a signal report and press gen std msg
          > button. and your signal reports will be replaced by your grid. For more
          > info on Rally go to   http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/Rally/2004eta.htm

          Thanks, Terry and Bruce.  You verified what I understood to be the
          correct operation.  The reason I was asking is that I was having a QSO
          with VE3CGR and this is sequence:

          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2004
            Bob, you are correct that it is incomplete, for 2 reasons. Wrong call, and
            you never received any roger from him. When you saw that he was sending the
            wrong call, you should not send a report to him, because sending the report
            means "I have copied both calls correctly". Instead send "MMMM" or maybe
            "MYCALL MYCALL" until he fixes the call (or you give up).

            When you finally do receive the call correctly then you send a report. For
            the Rally, if you send a grid as report, but he responds with a numeric
            report then you need to send "YOUR GRID" or "GRID?" until he fixes his
            report. This happened to me at 5:00 am this morning when I was too
            bleary-eyed to notice that I had not changed the report. The station I was
            working sent "GRID?" and I fixed it and we completed.

            Hope this helps,

            73, Russ K2TXB