Re: WSJT-X v0.99 r3297: Last Tx status message.

  • g4wjs
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28 2:38 PM
      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Joe Taylor <joe@...> wrote:

      > G4WJS wrote:
      > > I don't understand why the "Last Tx" message in the status bar at the bottom of the screen is updated at the start of a TX period. I would find it far more useful if it were updated at the end of the TX period or, if the TX message were changed mid period, at that point.
      > >
      > > That way there is no duplicate information in the status bar.
      >
      > It's true that while a transmission is underway the message information
      > shown Status Bar positions 1 and 5 is redundant. Is this a big deal?

      It's not a big deal, but I see it as current and last in the #1 and #5 positions. That implies to me that they cannot be the same unless the same message has been sent in consecutive periods.

      > It seems to me the main point is that label #5 retains its contents
      > throughout the following Rx interval, in case you might otherwise forget
      > what you had sent.

      Yes but I also would like to see label #5 hold it's value a bit longer as sometimes I click the wrong button and need it to remind me what I should following on from. What I sent last period is more important to me as that probably got received. What is in last tx doesn't help me when I'm RX, but it can help when I'm in TX especially when I see that I'm send the wrong message.

      > If updating label #5 were delayed until the end of a transmission, then
      > for about half the time this label would NOT be showing your most recent
      > transmitted message, but rather the one before that. Is this really an
      > improvement?

      But it doesn't claim to be the most recent, implying current, but last i.e. before current.

      It's no big deal but duplication feels wrong to me.

      > -- Joe, K1JT

      73
      Bill.