CTASIO Warning Box

  • k0og
    Message 1 of 2 , May 24, 2013
      Another problem?  I don't know...  Possibly related to my clock-race problem?

      When I start WSJT-X or WSPR-X, I get a CTASIO Warning box:

      CTASIO Warning Box

      Other than the clock race problem with WSJT-X, this seems to be nothing more than a nuisanse.  Comments?  Ignore it?

      73,
      -Joe-

    • k0og
      Message 2 of 2 , May 26, 2013
        Greetings,

        Problem solved...

        I did some research looking for any instances in the general PC world where this CTASIO warning box may appear, and as a result of some reading I decided to try simply removing ctasio.dll from the c:\windows\system32 directory (WinXP/SP3).

        I rebooted, and tried several applications (whether ham radio related or not) to see if there was any negative impact, and there was not. This eliminated the warning box on both WSJT-X and WSPR-X when they are executed. It seems odd that I have been running this PC configured as it is for several years, and the -X applications are the only ones that flagged this error. Strange!

        73,
        -Joe-