Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: r3297 - WSJT exits after "Test PTT" using Ham Radio Deluxe

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Message 1 of 3 , May 24, 2013
      As Joe Taylor has posted elsewhere the HRD CAT setting does not
      support PTT.

      In your case, set PTT method to RTS and use COM6 (2nd PTT) for PTT.

      It is *never* a good idea to use CAT for PTT as it has a significant
      chance of leaving the rig "stuck in transmit." RTS (or DTR) on a
      serial port is a "positive" control as the interface needs to see
      +V on the line in order to switch.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV