Re: [wsjtgroup] Re: WSJT-X v0.95 r3278

  • David Chema
    Message 1 of 16 , May 17, 2013
      Larry,

      I have reported the broken JT-Alert-X / DXKeeper, / Pathfinder link under r3278 to Laurie via the Ham-Apps reflector.  Hopefully this will be fixed soon.  I have reverted back to r3251 so that i can still have the interoperability with the DXLab software suite.

      73,

      Dave, KC8V

      On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Larry Bryan <larry@...> wrote:

      I too noticed this after downloading this release this morning. Clicking used to populate not only QRZ, but did a lookup on DXKeeper and populated DXView. All this no longer happens after the update.

      --
      Larry
      W8LIG

    • Mark Perrin
      Message 2 of 16 , May 17, 2013
        Downloaded 3278. Installer wanted to install in program files; but I
        overrode that and put in C:\wsjtx where others rev had been.

        Clicking on the desktop icon took me to previous revision. So deleted
        icon and re-installed rev 3278 to c:\wsjtx as before. Got new desktop
        icon, but clicking on it got an old DOS looking black and white box,
        plus new rev screens show up, but get a "run time error" and shuts down.

        What did I do wrong?

        Tnx,

        Mark N7MQ

        On 5/17/2013 1:12 PM, Joe Taylor wrote:
        > WSJT-X v0.95 r3278 has been posted on the WSJT web site:
        >
        > http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
        >
        > This release has improvements to the User Interface and JT9 decoder, as
        > well as a number of bug fixes. Be sure to read the ChangeLog:
        >
        > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt
        >
        > as well as the updated WSJT-X User's Guide,
        >
        > http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide.pdf
        >
        > As always, user feedback is welcome!
        >
        > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

      • Mark Perrin
        Message 3 of 16 , May 17, 2013
          Oh, XP and SP 2.x whatever for OS.

          On 5/17/2013 7:49 PM, Mark Perrin wrote:
          > Downloaded 3278. Installer wanted to install in program files; but I
          > overrode that and put in C:\wsjtx where others rev had been.
          >
          > Clicking on the desktop icon took me to previous revision. So deleted
          > icon and re-installed rev 3278 to c:\wsjtx as before. Got new desktop
          > icon, but clicking on it got an old DOS looking black and white box,
          > plus new rev screens show up, but get a "run time error" and shuts down.
          >
          > What did I do wrong?
          >
          > Tnx,
          >
          > Mark N7MQ
          >
          > On 5/17/2013 1:12 PM, Joe Taylor wrote:
          >> WSJT-X v0.95 r3278 has been posted on the WSJT web site:
          >>
          >> http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
          >>
          >> This release has improvements to the User Interface and JT9 decoder, as
          >> well as a number of bug fixes. Be sure to read the ChangeLog:
          >>
          >> http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt
          >>
          >> as well as the updated WSJT-X User's Guide,
          >>
          >> http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide.pdf
          >>
          >> As always, user feedback is welcome!
          >>
          >> -- 73, Joe, K1JT

        • Mark Perrin
          Message 4 of 16 , May 17, 2013
            Moron here! Downloaded wrong file. Got rev 3278 and installed fine.
            Will give it a run.

            Sorry for shouting "fire" before took a little more time and analyzed error.

            Mark N7MQ

            On 5/17/2013 7:49 PM, Mark Perrin wrote:
            > Downloaded 3278. Installer wanted to install in program files; but I
            > overrode that and put in C:\wsjtx where others rev had been.
            >
            > Clicking on the desktop icon took me to previous revision. So deleted
            > icon and re-installed rev 3278 to c:\wsjtx as before. Got new desktop
            > icon, but clicking on it got an old DOS looking black and white box,
            > plus new rev screens show up, but get a "run time error" and shuts down.
            >
            > What did I do wrong?
            >
            > Tnx,
            >
            > Mark N7MQ
            >
            > On 5/17/2013 1:12 PM, Joe Taylor wrote:
            >> WSJT-X v0.95 r3278 has been posted on the WSJT web site:
            >>
            >> http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
            >>
            >> This release has improvements to the User Interface and JT9 decoder, as
            >> well as a number of bug fixes. Be sure to read the ChangeLog:
            >>
            >> http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt
            >>
            >> as well as the updated WSJT-X User's Guide,
            >>
            >> http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide.pdf
            >>
            >> As always, user feedback is welcome!
            >>
            >> -- 73, Joe, K1JT

          • Laurie, VK3AMA
            Message 5 of 16 , May 17, 2013
              A fixed JT-Alert is available for download from Ham-Apps.com

              Please note: I only get to see new releases of WSJT-X (usually in the
              middle of the VK night) once they are made public.

              de Laurie VK3AMA