RE: [wsjtgroup] Re: WSJT-X v0.95 r3278

  • chas cartmel
    Message 1 of 16 , May 17, 2013

      Joe,

      Have downloaded and installed version 3278 hoping it would solve my TX problem referred to in previous posts under  “wsjt-x soundcard interface conundrum”. No difference here. When I attempt to TX the sound card hits 100% level, unaffected by the level slider. Same with WSPR-X although WSPR 2.11 and WSJT 9.3 both TX OK as does DM780 @ 50W all using the same external sound card. Tested using 5W into a dummy load and also other output devices and same result.

      Saw this reported on another group by another Ham but cannot trace it again.

      Love the mode. Worked into USA on JT9-1 a few days before the system blew. I am running windows 8 pro 64 bit and blame Microsoft updates, but I always do hihi

      73

      Charlie

      www.G4EST.me.uk

    • Gary
      Message 2 of 16 , May 17, 2013
        I think that v3278 might have 'broken' a link with JT Alert 2.2.2?

        Double clicking on a CQ callsign no longer appears to activate the QRZ.com lookup in JT Alert. The callsigns are being picked up OK and B4 is working fine in JT Alert, but the JT Alert 'Log Fields are not being populated and therefore the QRZ.com lookup doesn't happen.

        73
        Gary
        G0DNI

        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Joe Taylor <joe@...> wrote:

        > WSJT-X v0.95 r3278 has been posted on the WSJT web site:
        >
        > http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
        >
        > This release has improvements to the User Interface and JT9 decoder, as
        > well as a number of bug fixes. Be sure to read the ChangeLog:
        >
        > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt
        >
        > as well as the updated WSJT-X User's Guide,
        >
        > http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide.pdf
        >
        > As always, user feedback is welcome!
        >
        > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

      • Ed Wilson
        Message 3 of 16 , May 17, 2013
          Gary,

          Now that you have mentioned it, that happened to me as well.

          Ed, K0KC

          I think that v3278 might have 'broken' a link with JT Alert 2.2.2?

          Double clicking on a CQ callsign no longer appears to activate the QRZ.com lookup in JT Alert. The callsigns are being picked up OK and B4 is working fine in JT Alert, but the JT Alert 'Log Fields are not being populated and therefore the QRZ.com lookup doesn't happen.

          73
          Gary
          G0DNI

          --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Joe Taylor <joe@...> wrote:

          > WSJT-X v0.95 r3278 has been posted on the WSJT web site:
          >
          > http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
          >
          > This release has improvements to the User Interface and JT9 decoder, as
          > well as a number of bug fixes. Be sure to read the ChangeLog:
          >
          > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt
          >
          > as well as the updated WSJT-X User's Guide,
          >
          > http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide.pdf
          >
          > As always, user feedback is welcome!
          >
          > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

        • Gary
          Message 4 of 16 , May 17, 2013
            I'll post to the JT Alert forum too.

            73
            Gary
            G0DNI

            --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Ed Wilson <ed.wilson@...> wrote:

            > Gary,
            >
            > Now that you have mentioned it, that happened to me as well.
            >
            > Ed, K0KC
            >

            > ________________________________

          • Ed Wilson
            Message 5 of 16 , May 17, 2013
              Thanks, Gary, I was about ready to do that myself.

              Ed, K0KC

              > Now that you have mentioned it, that happened to me as well.
              >
              > Ed, K0KC
              >

              > ________________________________

            • Joe Subich, W4TV
              Message 6 of 16 , May 17, 2013
                > When I attempt to TX the sound card hits
                > 100% level, unaffected by the level slider.

                What level slider? To my knowledge WSJT-X has no transmit level
                control. The only controls are those built into the Windows Mixer.

                Windows maintains *separate* playback (transmit) levels for *each*
                application and *each* output being used. Further, sine each
                version of WSJT-X identifies the executable differently (the version
                and/or release number changes) Windows will assign a new slider for
                each version of WSJT-X and it will be necessary to reset the level
                every time WSJT-X is updated.

                I have checked - both Windows 7 and 8 remember the correct output
                level for WSJT-X v0.95 r3278 across reboots.

                73,

                ... Joe, W4TV

                On 5/17/2013 10:22 AM, chas cartmel wrote:
                > Joe,
                >
                > Have downloaded and installed version 3278 hoping it would solve my TX
                > problem referred to in previous posts under "wsjt-x soundcard interface
                > conundrum". No difference here. When I attempt to TX the sound card hits
                > 100% level, unaffected by the level slider. Same with WSPR-X although WSPR
                > 2.11 and WSJT 9.3 both TX OK as does DM780 @ 50W all using the same external
                > sound card. Tested using 5W into a dummy load and also other output devices
                > and same result.
                >
                > Saw this reported on another group by another Ham but cannot trace it again.
                >

                > Love the mode. Worked into USA on JT9-1 a few days before the system blew. I
                > am running windows 8 pro 64 bit and blame Microsoft updates, but I always do
                > hihi
                >

                > 73
                >
                > Charlie
                >
                > www.G4EST.me.uk

              • Gary
                Message 7 of 16 , May 17, 2013
                  Update to my last - although the JT-Alert 'Log fields' are not being populated, when you click on the JT Alert 'Q' button, my browser does open QRZ.com and search for the callsign that I'm in QSO with - so there is a link of sorts between WSJT-X and JT Alert.

                  73
                  Gary
                  G0DNI

                  --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Gary" <g0dni@...> wrote:

                  > I think that v3278 might have 'broken' a link with JT Alert 2.2.2?
                  >
                  > Double clicking on a CQ callsign no longer appears to activate the QRZ.com lookup in JT Alert. The callsigns are being picked up OK and B4 is working fine in JT Alert, but the JT Alert 'Log Fields are not being populated and therefore the QRZ.com lookup doesn't happen.
                  >
                  > 73
                  > Gary
                  > G0DNI
                  >
                  > --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Joe Taylor <joe@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > WSJT-X v0.95 r3278 has been posted on the WSJT web site:
                  > >
                  > > http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
                  > >
                  > > This release has improvements to the User Interface and JT9 decoder, as
                  > > well as a number of bug fixes. Be sure to read the ChangeLog:
                  > >
                  > > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt
                  > >
                  > > as well as the updated WSJT-X User's Guide,
                  > >
                  > > http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide.pdf
                  > >
                  > > As always, user feedback is welcome!
                  > >
                  > > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

                • Larry Bryan
                  Message 8 of 16 , May 17, 2013
                    I too noticed this after downloading this release this morning. Clicking used to populate not only QRZ, but did a lookup on DXKeeper and populated DXView. All this no longer happens after the update.

                    --
                    Larry
                    W8LIG
                    Message 9 of 16 , May 17, 2013
                      Larry,

                      I have reported the broken JT-Alert-X / DXKeeper, / Pathfinder link under r3278 to Laurie via the Ham-Apps reflector.  Hopefully this will be fixed soon.  I have reverted back to r3251 so that i can still have the interoperability with the DXLab software suite.

                      73,

                      Dave, KC8V

                      On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 1:38 PM, Larry Bryan <larry@...> wrote:

                      I too noticed this after downloading this release this morning. Clicking used to populate not only QRZ, but did a lookup on DXKeeper and populated DXView. All this no longer happens after the update.

                      --
                      Larry
                      W8LIG

                    • Mark Perrin
                      Message 10 of 16 , May 17, 2013
                        Downloaded 3278. Installer wanted to install in program files; but I
                        overrode that and put in C:\wsjtx where others rev had been.

                        Clicking on the desktop icon took me to previous revision. So deleted
                        icon and re-installed rev 3278 to c:\wsjtx as before. Got new desktop
                        icon, but clicking on it got an old DOS looking black and white box,
                        plus new rev screens show up, but get a "run time error" and shuts down.

                        What did I do wrong?

                        Tnx,

                        Mark N7MQ

                        On 5/17/2013 1:12 PM, Joe Taylor wrote:
                        > WSJT-X v0.95 r3278 has been posted on the WSJT web site:
                        >
                        > http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
                        >
                        > This release has improvements to the User Interface and JT9 decoder, as
                        > well as a number of bug fixes. Be sure to read the ChangeLog:
                        >
                        > http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt
                        >
                        > as well as the updated WSJT-X User's Guide,
                        >
                        > http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide.pdf
                        >
                        > As always, user feedback is welcome!
                        >
                        > -- 73, Joe, K1JT

                      • Mark Perrin
                        Message 11 of 16 , May 17, 2013
                          Oh, XP and SP 2.x whatever for OS.

                          On 5/17/2013 7:49 PM, Mark Perrin wrote:
                          > Downloaded 3278. Installer wanted to install in program files; but I
                          > overrode that and put in C:\wsjtx where others rev had been.
                          >
                          > Clicking on the desktop icon took me to previous revision. So deleted
                          > icon and re-installed rev 3278 to c:\wsjtx as before. Got new desktop
                          > icon, but clicking on it got an old DOS looking black and white box,
                          > plus new rev screens show up, but get a "run time error" and shuts down.
                          >
                          > What did I do wrong?
                          >
                          > Tnx,
                          >
                          > Mark N7MQ
                          >
                          > On 5/17/2013 1:12 PM, Joe Taylor wrote:
                          >> WSJT-X v0.95 r3278 has been posted on the WSJT web site:
                          >>
                          >> http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
                          >>
                          >> This release has improvements to the User Interface and JT9 decoder, as
                          >> well as a number of bug fixes. Be sure to read the ChangeLog:
                          >>
                          >> http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt
                          >>
                          >> as well as the updated WSJT-X User's Guide,
                          >>
                          >> http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide.pdf
                          >>
                          >> As always, user feedback is welcome!
                          >>
                          >> -- 73, Joe, K1JT

                        • Mark Perrin
                          Message 12 of 16 , May 17, 2013
                            Moron here! Downloaded wrong file. Got rev 3278 and installed fine.
                            Will give it a run.

                            Sorry for shouting "fire" before took a little more time and analyzed error.

                            Mark N7MQ

                            On 5/17/2013 7:49 PM, Mark Perrin wrote:
                            > Downloaded 3278. Installer wanted to install in program files; but I
                            > overrode that and put in C:\wsjtx where others rev had been.
                            >
                            > Clicking on the desktop icon took me to previous revision. So deleted
                            > icon and re-installed rev 3278 to c:\wsjtx as before. Got new desktop
                            > icon, but clicking on it got an old DOS looking black and white box,
                            > plus new rev screens show up, but get a "run time error" and shuts down.
                            >
                            > What did I do wrong?
                            >
                            > Tnx,
                            >
                            > Mark N7MQ
                            >
                            > On 5/17/2013 1:12 PM, Joe Taylor wrote:
                            >> WSJT-X v0.95 r3278 has been posted on the WSJT web site:
                            >>
                            >> http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjt.html
                            >>
                            >> This release has improvements to the User Interface and JT9 decoder, as
                            >> well as a number of bug fixes. Be sure to read the ChangeLog:
                            >>
                            >> http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/wsjtx_changelog.txt
                            >>
                            >> as well as the updated WSJT-X User's Guide,
                            >>
                            >> http://www.physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/WSJT-X_Users_Guide.pdf
                            >>
                            >> As always, user feedback is welcome!
                            >>
                            >> -- 73, Joe, K1JT

                          • Laurie, VK3AMA
                            Message 13 of 16 , May 17, 2013
                              A fixed JT-Alert is available for download from Ham-Apps.com

                              Please note: I only get to see new releases of WSJT-X (usually in the
                              middle of the VK night) once they are made public.

                              de Laurie VK3AMA