RE: [wsjtgroup] audio levels

  • John Lemay
    Message 1 of 2 , May 15, 2013

      I’ve cut and pasted a recent comment from Joe in which he was responding to a query I sent:-

      “The fact is, the level really doesn't matter much unless you set it so
      low that A/D quantizing steps add another source of noise, or so high
      that signals sometimes hit the upper limit of the A/D range.

      If you have reason to want the maximum possible dynamic range, use the
      recommended level for WSJT-X. Otherwise, it's perfectly OK to set the
      audio level higher and use the on-screen slider in WSJT-X to re-center
      the "thermometer" scale.”