Re: [wsjtgroup] wsjt-x soundcard interface conundrum.

  • Joe Subich, W4TV
    Message 1 of 3 , May 12, 2013
      > Thanks for the reply. Basic configurations are identical between
      > WSPR and WSJT-X. Using external soundcard through the ZLP interface
      > box to a data port on the TS-570D. PTT through serial port, normal
      > CAT control works OK as does PTT - just the modulation of the rig
      > missing.

      Check your PTT settings *carefully* in both programs. Make sure they
      are absolutely identical. That you get audio with WSPR but not with
      WSJT-X indicates a mismatch between PTT input and audio input.

      Like all Kenwood rigs the TS-570 has two PTT inputs on the ACC jack
      - one (SS - pin 13) selects microphone audio and the other (PKS - pin
      9) one selects ACC (pin 11) audio. Newer - TS-480, TS-2000, TS-590 -
      rigs also have two CAT commands TX0; to select the mic audio and TX1;
      to select the ACC audio.

      The TS-570 does not support TX1; according to the CAT Command reference
      in the user manual. If by chance you have selected CAT as the PTT
      method in WSJT-X and selected "Data" in the cat area, The TS-570D may
      be reacting unpredictably to an unsupported PTT command.

      73,

      ... Joe, W4TV