Spring 2004 North American Meteor Scatter Rally

  • Russ Pillsbury
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2004
      Hello all. The Spring 2004 North American Meteor Scatter Rally starts this
      Saturday, May 1. For rules see: http://www.qsl.net/wa5ufh/Rally/2004eta.htm

      I will be operating the rally as an unassisted entry so I am now publishing
      my operating schedule. I will be operating 2 meters only, using an M2 8
      wavelength (24 element) antenna at 100', and 1500 watts transmitter power.
      With this setup I can work stations out to 1450 or so miles via MS, so
      please listen for my CQ's.

      For the 10 days of the contest, I will devote a significant time to callig
      CQ. Each morning from 1000z to 1200z, and from 0000z to 0200z, I will call
      CQ using FSK441A, transmitting in the second period. My CQ's will be on
      144.105 Mhz and I will be listening for replies on the same frequency.
      Unless I am hearing signals, I will move the antenna to a new heading every
      15 minutes. At the top of each hour I will start with the antenna south
      towards Florida. From 15-30 minutes I will point SW, from 30-45 minutes
      West, and from 45-60 minutes beaming to the NW. This schedule will be
      modified if I am hearing callers or am in QSO.

      If I can get up before 1000z (6 am) then I will monitor 144.140 for CQ's and
      I will also monitor 144.140 all day long each day. I will NOT be on the
      ping jockey internet page! Periodically I will also call CQ on 144.140,
      second period, using D35 (so I will be listening for, and responding to,
      replies on 144.105). I will also have a second receiver and computer
      operational during the contest and I will monitor 144.140 during all my
      receive periods.

      There is one exception to the above schedule. Saturday morning, May 1, from
      6:00 AM to 1:00 PM local time, I will be operating the Spring Microwave
      Sprint, so look for me on the microwave bands then.

      I hope to work a lot of you, please look for me.

      Very 73, Russ K2TXB (FM29pt)
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30, 2004
        I hope to get out and operate from a different grid than the home grid
        here in DN41. I could show up from DN42 for a while this weekend and
        then possibly from either or both DN51 and DN52 next weekend. I will
        sign KU7Z/7 when away from DN41. Murphy usually goes along for the ride
        so there is no telling what could happen! Then again I may not make it
        out of the shack here either! I will start out as unassisted but that
        to could change. Course if the fish are biting..... 50.260 and 144.140
        and what is the calling freq for 222 with WSJT? In case I get the
        crystal heater installed.

        Thanks All, hope to work all of you on 6 and 2 at least!

        Mark

        --
        73!
        Ku7z, Mark in DN41
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 30, 2004
          Hi All. Just wanted to repeat my schedule for the HSMS Rally in case anyone
          missed it. The rally starts tomorrow morning. One thing I would like to
          add:

          If you are working me on 144.105, due to answering my CQ, do not hesitate to
          use the ST messages of FSK441A. I will be using them myself. The reason
          they are not generally recommended for the contest is because of the
          possibility of QRM on the HSMS calling frequency, but there should be no QRM
          on 105 - or not much anyway :)

          Hope to work you all in the Rally.

          73, Russ K2TXB