wsjt-x with signallink usb

  • Wade
    Message 1 of 2 , May 11, 2013
      i am having a problem getting wsjt-x to work with my signalink usb, i using a kenwood ts-2000x and it is connected via the dinn port in the back of the radio. it receives just fine but can not get to key the radio. any help i sure do thank you
      Wade k5WPN
    • Gary
      Message 2 of 2 , May 11, 2013
        Wade,

        I'm using an FT-817 and SignaLink USB, so not sure how relevant my comments will be, but they might give you a few pointers.

        - The FT-817 has a DIG (digital) mode that is pre-set as required, in my case to USER-UP which gives me USB transmissions when DIG mode is selected. If the rig is not in DIG mode but in USB, then the SignaLink USB triggers TX but no modulation.

        - In WSJT-X Setup > Station, do you have the Signalink USB selected for the Audio In/Audio Out channels? Mine shows as MME USB Audio CODEC in both In and Out.

        - I set the PTT method in WSJT-X Setup > Station to VOX to CAT (although it seems to work with any setting here?) and the PTT Port to None. I don't think the PTT method is critical, as the 'VOX' function is actually within the SignaLink interface itself.

        - As I understand it, WSJT-X uses the soundcard (in this case the USB CODEC SignaLink sound card) to generate the tones. These go to the rig via USB > SignaLink > rig DIN port. The generation of the sound by WSJT-X 'triggers' the transmit (VOX type) function within the SignaLink itself. So, if no sound is being generated by WSJT-X using the SignaLink sound card, you won't get the rig going into TX mode. Is the red TX LED on the SignaLink coming on at all at the moment?

        Have you had the SignLink USB working with other data programs I wonder?

        Hope that this helps a little.

        73
        Gary
        G0DNI