Re: [wsjtgroup] 6 meter WSJT

  • Ira Franklin
    Message 1 of 18 , May 4, 2013
      Remember guys that the only part of that 50.000 to 50.100 is really useful most of the time for CW is 50.080 to 50.100. Below 50.080, it seem like there is a beacon on every corner. Now the beacons are showing up above .080. Now lets be honest about it. If  50.000 to 50.100 were to be opened to data modes they will head straight to .100 to .080. during the "E" season I spend a good bit of time in the beacon portion as there is no room in .080 to .100
          My 2 cents worth
      Ira  K4YMQ

      Message 2 of 18 , May 4, 2013
        I wouldn't object to changes in the sub-bands but there *must* be some protected territory for CW and beacons, on 6-meters particularly. I'd prefer to avoid the digital/CW and digital/SSB zoos that seem to be prevalent on HF (20-meters is my favorite)!

        I agree, Lance, I gave up on the ARRL and VHF matters after W1XX left...that's been a few years!

        73,

        --
        Lance Collister, W7GJ
        (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M)

        page (above)!

        --
        Jack, W6NF/HC2UA
        Shelley, K7MKL/HC2UB
        Message 3 of 18 , May 4, 2013
          On 5/4/2013 1:22 PM, Jack/W6NF wrote:
          > I wouldn't object to changes in the sub-bands but there *must* be some
          > protected territory for CW and beacons, on 6-meters particularly.

          Get the beacons out of the "prime" 50.0 - 50.1 MHz space and re-use it
          for digital/data. Move the beacons - which seem to be primarily ego
          machines anyway - up to 50.9-51.0 MHz. The current band bandplan is
          "upside down" thanks to ARRL and the FCC.

          73,

          ... Joe, W4TV

        • Jerry
          Message 4 of 18 , May 4, 2013
            Bottom 80Kc's or so on 'Any Band'..'Should Be CW Only' !  I wouldn't object if they moved the 'numerous /B's' up a couple Mhz on 6M !
            Jerry
            VE6CPP
            DN39or

          • Bruce Junkin
            Message 5 of 18 , May 4, 2013
              IMHO, keep the Digital bands above .200 where they are now.  Leave the CW beacon bands alone!  Just my opinion.

              Bruce, KI7JA

              Sent: Saturday, May 04, 2013 11:03 AM

              On 5/4/2013 1:22 PM, Jack/W6NF wrote:
              > I wouldn't object to changes in the sub-bands but there *must* be some
              > protected territory for CW and beacons, on 6-meters particularly.

              Get the beacons out of the "prime" 50.0 - 50.1 MHz space and re-use it
              for digital/data. Move the beacons - which seem to be primarily ego
              machines anyway - up to 50.9-51.0 MHz. The current band bandplan is
              "upside down" thanks to ARRL and the FCC.

              73,

              ... Joe, W4TV

              On 5/4/2013 1:22 PM, Jack/W6NF wrote:
              > I wouldn't object to changes in the sub-bands but there *must* be some
              > protected territory for CW and beacons, on 6-meters particularly. I'd
              > prefer to avoid the digital/CW and digital/SSB zoos that seem to be
              > prevalent on HF (20-meters is my favorite)!
              >
              > I agree, Lance, I gave up on the ARRL and VHF matters after W1XX
              > left...that's been a few years!
              >
              > 73,
              >
              > On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Lance Collister, W7GJ <mailto:w7gj%40q.com> wrote:
              >
              >> **
              >>

              >> Not to mention ILLEGAL, until the ARRL petitions the FCC to change the
              >> outdated CW
              >> ONLY band allocations below 50.100 and 144.100! Maybe if enough of us
              >> start to bug
              >> them something will happen. I have about given up on the ARRL to do
              >> anything for us
              >> on VHF. VY 73, Lance
              >>

              >> On 5/3/2013 11:30 PM, Rick Langford wrote:
              >>>

              >>> Tony
              >>>
              >>> I also noticed many folks using 50.076
              >>> Which personally I think is a bad idea
              >>> That us in the beacon sub band.
              >>>
              >>> I have been listening 260 and 276
              >>>
              >>> kd8lcd

            • Jack/W6NF
              Message 6 of 18 , May 5, 2013
                Has anyone ever encountered a situation where the band was open at 50MHz but *not* at 51MHz? This may be a silly notion but I'd *much* rather see the beacons down as low as possible.

                73

              • Lance Collister, W7GJ
                Message 7 of 18 , May 5, 2013
                  That has always been an argument for putting them at the low end of the band, Jack.
                  Personally, I think another nice thing about having them on the low end is that I can
                  watch the beacons as well at the DX window with a 192 KHz wide waterfall display.
                  There still should be room for the narrow bandwidth digital signals down somewhere in
                  the lower 100 KHz, along with the beacons and a lot of DX CW activity (which
                  currently is interleaved between beacons). But I know some of the Region 1 people
                  have been trying to move the beacons. Allowing digital down in the lower 100 KHz
                  would also allow us to utilize the newer technology with the combination CW/digital
                  beacons, which permit detection at much lower signal strengths. VY 73, Lance

                  --
                  Lance Collister, W7GJ
                  (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M, TX5K)

                  page (above)!