Re: WSJT-X v0.95 r3251

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 13 , May 3, 2013
      --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Joe Taylor <joe@...> wrote:
      > Special note: we believe that r3251 address nearly all of the CAT issues
      > experienced by a few users -- those with K3, IC-746, IC-706, in
      > particular -- and that useful CAT control is now available for nearly

      CAT control is not working with my TS440SAT. When I test comms the report says comms appear to be working, dial frequency 00000.00

      Dan
      KJ6RGX
    • Dan
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2013
        --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Dan" <kj6rgx@...> wrote:

        > --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, Joe Taylor <joe@> wrote:
        > > Special note: we believe that r3251 address nearly all of the CAT issues
        > > experienced by a few users -- those with K3, IC-746, IC-706, in
        > > particular -- and that useful CAT control is now available for nearly
        >

        > CAT control is not working with my TS440SAT. When I test comms the report says comms appear to be working, dial frequency 00000.00
        >

        > Dan
        > KJ6RGX

        Thanks to Rick (W3BI) for the fix. For anyone with the same problem I had to set

        Configuration > Setup > Handshake: dropdown > Hardware

        Thanks Rick.

        Dan
        KJ6RGX
      • Julian, G4ILO
        Message 3 of 13 , May 5, 2013
          Eterlogic VSPE is the only one I use. I've tried some others such as the free one written by a ham that is made available only to hams but it crashed a lot and I could not create a splitter. I'm still 32bit here so it's a free solution for me.

          LP Bridge would probably do the job for this application but I haven't tried it as it can create other problems that I'd prefer to avoid. If it works for you, use it.

          Julian, G4ILO
          G4ILO's Shack: www.g4ilo.com
          http://about.me/julian.moss

          On 5 May 2013 19:13, Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@...> wrote:
          is there any of the other virtual serial port pgms that you do like?

          I just saw Julian mention Eterlogic VSPE in another email
          I looked and the 64bit version is not free
          would like to know if it works better than LP-Bridge
          before I bought it

          comments?

          On 5/3/2013 10:41 AM, g4ilo wrote:
           > Just an idea, but have you tried running it through LP-Bridge?

          Would not even consider it. LP_Bridge (and LPB2) has too many negative
          side-effects with other software I use. Due to know issues - including
          blocking K3 meta commands - several developers will not even accept bug
          reports if LP-Bridge/LPB2 is in use.

          73,

          ... Joe, W4TV

          --

          GB & 73
          K5OAI

        • kc2nyu
          Message 4 of 13 , May 5, 2013
            Julian & Joe- thanks for the last two replies and I believe all is well here with WSTJ-X. I made these changes:
            - In WSTJ-X, PTT Method to Vox, PTT Port to None
            - In K3 set Vox Gain to 9
            - Band Selector works fine
            - When PTT Test is pressed no response but No Rig Failed to open msg anymore.

            Results:
            Program seems to be running normally with all functions working.
            - block next to band Select is Red
            - Changes to K3 VFO are reflected in Program albeit with some delay (polling time choice?)
            - All previously reported issues are fixed.

            Thanks to all who helped.

            73 Paul kc2nyu