Re: [wsjtgroup] 6 Meter E-Skip Has Just Stareted for Spring 2013

  • Lance Collister, W7GJ
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2013
      Hi Jim,

      I have been watching the DX Cluster and the maps on the ON4KST REGION 2 chat page,
      and I don't see any sign of multihop from the East Coast to EU this morning. Who do
      you think worked such stations??? I see no evidence of such openings at all....
      Only TEP in EU and domestic Es here in NA. With your 6m beam only 8' above the
      ground, it will have a very high angle of radiation, with somewhat reduced gain
      because it is so close to the ground. Most of the long haul DX requires a lower angle
      of radiation, but if you are in the right place, you still may get some Es with the
      antenna that low. GL and VY 73, Lance

      --
      Lance Collister, W7GJ
      (ex WA3GPL, WA1JXN, WA1JXN/C6A, ZF2OC/ZF8, E51SIX, 3D2LR, 5W0GJ, E6M)

      page (above)!
    • Keith
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2013
        Please send some 6m Es to San Diego and the rest of So Cal if you would be so kind.

        Thanks & 73,

        Keith
        AK6ZZ

        Sent from my iPhone please excuse typos