2 requests

  • raynaud jean
    Message 1 of 4 , May 2, 2013
      Hello.

      2 small possible improvements :

      - If you click your (future) message by advance, the left window it
      populated twice : when you click, and when the transmission starts. One
      time would be enough.

      - IMO, it would be handy to be able to empty the boxes of the lower part
      by a double click.

      I enjoy v.3243, the CAT works well with the FLEX, at least for my needs.

      Maybe it would be good to re-think the display : its lower part -with
      the grid and the red line- takes much room for little use (no use at all
      for me !), and makes impossible extending the main window upwards. Maybe
      some sort of vertical display instead of horizontal ?
      Yes, I know : I could use another monitor, but I already use a second
      one for my FLEX, and that's well enough...

      Thank you Joe for a great soft !

      73 to all

      Jean F8RZ
      Message 2 of 4 , May 2, 2013
        Bonjour Jean,

        F8RZ wrote:
        > 2 small possible improvements :
        >
        > - If you click your (future) message by advance, the left window it
        > populated twice : when you click, and when the transmission starts. One
        > time would be enough.

        THis should not happen. Click on the circle under "Next" to queue up
        the message you want sent next. When necessary, use the Tx# button
        under "Now" to change messages after a transmission has started. (If
        you do this in the first 10 s or so, decoding probability will not be
        much degraded.)

        > - IMO, it would be handy to be able to empty the boxes of the lower part
        > by a double click.

        Possibly. In my use, these boxes are nearly always populated
        automatically (by clicking Generate Std Msgs, or by double-clicking on a
        decoded text line) or, in box #5, by use of the Tx macros.

        > I enjoy v.3243, the CAT works well with the FLEX, at least for my needs.
        >
        > Maybe it would be good to re-think the display : its lower part -with
        > the grid and the red line- takes much room for little use (no use at all
        > for me !)

        Hmmm, I find the red-line very useful. We might possibly think about
        making it optional, though.

        -- 73, Joe, K1JT
      • Ed
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2013

          Is this a bug or just normal?   If I bring up the program (3243)  and the radio is not turned on (IC746Pro)  the program freezes up immediately.   If I turn the radio on after bringing up the program,  it remains frozen anyway….. little hour glass stuck….  And I must force a closure to close the program.  This is repeatable for me on my Win7 32bit computer with SignaLink USB interface.

          Ed  K7AAT

        • Joe Subich, W4TV
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2013
            Joe,

            One enhancement I'd like to see is including "QSO Frequency" in the
            logged information - that way Laurie's JT-Alert-X can post the actual
            frequency (dial + QSO Frequency) to a station log, etc. instead of only
            posting the default (dial) frequency for the given band.

            73,

            ... Joe, W4TV