r3243 and K3

  • kc2nyu
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2013
      I have been traveling and only had access to email sporadically. But I think I saw some posts on this reflector regarding CAT issues with r3242 and the K3. Has this issue been cleared up? I still have r3195 and am wondering if I should stick with that until a newer version clears up the K3 CAT issue ?

      73 Paul kc2nyu
    • David Chema
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2013
        Hi Paul,

        There are some big issues with CAT and the K3 if you use r3243.  It is best to stick with r3195 until Joe gets the bugs worked out.

        73,
        Dave, KC8V

        On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM, kc2nyu <eckerpw@...> wrote:

        I have been traveling and only had access to email sporadically. But I think I saw some posts on this reflector regarding CAT issues with r3242 and the K3. Has this issue been cleared up? I still have r3195 and am wondering if I should stick with that until a newer version clears up the K3 CAT issue ?

        73 Paul kc2nyu

      • g4ilo
        Message 3 of 5 , May 2, 2013
          I'm using r3248 with my K3 and it's fine. This release has an option to specify the interval between polls of the radio. Set it to 0 to disable polling altogether. I've set it to 10s which is enough to alert me if rig and program are not set to the same frequency.

          Why are people fiddling with the VFO and band change buttons when running JT9? I don't touch anything except the power control when using this mode. I even lock the VFO in case I accidentally disturb it. That does not prevent band changes using the drop-down in WSJTX.

          Julian, G4ILO

          --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, David Chema <dchema@...> wrote:

          > Hi Paul,
          >
          > There are some big issues with CAT and the K3 if you use r3243. It is best
          > to stick with r3195 until Joe gets the bugs worked out.
          >
          > 73,
          > Dave, KC8V
          >

          > On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM, kc2nyu <eckerpw@...> wrote:
          >
          > > **
          > >

          > > I have been traveling and only had access to email sporadically. But I
          > > think I saw some posts on this reflector regarding CAT issues with r3242
          > > and the K3. Has this issue been cleared up? I still have r3195 and am
          > > wondering if I should stick with that until a newer version clears up the
          > > K3 CAT issue ?
          > >
          > > 73 Paul kc2nyu

        • Joe Subich, W4TV
          Message 4 of 5 , May 2, 2013
            On 5/2/2013 12:16 PM, g4ilo wrote:
            > I'm using r3248 with my K3 and it's fine.

            r3248 is not public for Windows users - it may be available for
            *nix users who do their own compiles.

            73,

            ... Joe, W4TV

            On 5/2/2013 12:16 PM, g4ilo wrote:
            > I'm using r3248 with my K3 and it's fine. This release has an option to specify the interval between polls of the radio. Set it to 0 to disable polling altogether. I've set it to 10s which is enough to alert me if rig and program are not set to the same frequency.
            >
            > Why are people fiddling with the VFO and band change buttons when running JT9? I don't touch anything except the power control when using this mode. I even lock the VFO in case I accidentally disturb it. That does not prevent band changes using the drop-down in WSJTX.
            >
            > Julian, G4ILO
            >
            > --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, David Chema <dchema@...> wrote:
            >>
            >> Hi Paul,
            >>
            >> There are some big issues with CAT and the K3 if you use r3243. It is best
            >> to stick with r3195 until Joe gets the bugs worked out.
            >>
            >> 73,
            >> Dave, KC8V
            >>

            >> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 3:49 PM, kc2nyu <eckerpw@...> wrote:
            >>
            >>> **
            >>>

            >>> I have been traveling and only had access to email sporadically. But I
            >>> think I saw some posts on this reflector regarding CAT issues with r3242
            >>> and the K3. Has this issue been cleared up? I still have r3195 and am
            >>> wondering if I should stick with that until a newer version clears up the
            >>> K3 CAT issue ?
            >>>
            >>> 73 Paul kc2nyu

          • g4ilo
            Message 5 of 5 , May 2, 2013
              Sorry, my bad. Joe sent it to me yesterday to test and I assumed by now it would have been made generally available.

              Julian, G4ILO