Cat Rig Control

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2013
      I have not been able to get WSJTX to talk to my TS440. I use a program called Commander when I run JT65HF and wondered if WSJTX could implement something similar?

      Dan
      KJ6RGX
    • Andrew O'Brien
      Message 2 of 4 , May 1, 2013
        Try VOX, that should work.

        Andy

      • Dan
        Message 3 of 4 , May 2, 2013
          --- In wsjtgroup@yahoogroups.com, "Andrew O'Brien" <k3ukandy@...> wrote:

          > Try VOX, that should work.
          >
          > Andy

          Thanks Andy. Just to clarify, my setup works, PTT and audio via SignalLink is not an issue. I use Commander to set frequency and mode (USB, LSB, CW, etc.) but there have been instances where I forgot to change band in WSJTX and having Commander hooked in would eliminate that issue. And if others are unable to get WSJTX controlling their rig directly but have other software in control like Commander or HRD, it would allow them to continue using the same software with WSJTX.

          Dan
          KJ6RGX
        • Joe Subich, W4TV
          Message 4 of 4 , May 2, 2013
            You may be able to use a virtual serial port pair like Com0com to
            connect to Commander's Secondary CAT Serial Port.

            I haven't been able to make it work with Eltima's commercial product
            - WSJT-X can't open the port. I don't know if it is because of the
            way Commander responds or because of something unique to the Eltima
            port. It still might be worth trying with some of the other products
            as an alternative to building specific software interfaces for
            Commander, HRD, Fldigi/Flrig and a multitude of other packages into
            WSJT-X.

            73,

            ... Joe, W4TV