WSJT-X 0.95 r3243: decode issues

  • g4wjs
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2013
      Hi,

      since upgrading to the above version I am finding a lot of reasonable strength signals not being decoded. Often a double click on the waterfall will decode them very quickly even though the rx cursor was on them initially for the auto decode.

      As far as I can see decoding is not as good as before by quite a big margin. Also the weaker signals seem to decode as reliably as before, it is the medium and strong ones that don't seem as good.

      Sometimes it almost seems like they are being decoded but not displayed, I say this because a double click on them in the waterfall succeeds so often.

      This is just a guess, but I feel that restarting the program seems to improve matters a little.

      Anyone else noticing a similar degradation with this version?

      73
      Bill.
    • Dan
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2013
        I noticed similar happenings here. I've only used the new version for a couple hours but I noticed that what appeared to be fairly strong signals did not decode. I didn't try double clicking them to see if it would decode.

        Dan
        KJ6RGX
      • Roger Gray
        Message 3 of 3 , May 1, 2013
          I am having similar problems with the new version
          For me signal strength does not seem to have any effect on decode
          I often decode the first of a qso and lose all the rest of it with the
          waterfall
          still showing a good signal
          I have no luck double clicking on the waterfall to get it to decode again.
          Roger, N5QS